Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Defeats Rafael Nadal @ Aegon

Tsonga had 25 aces and kept the French Open champion off-balance with his powerful baseline game and inspired net play. 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-1 on Friday in the quarterfinals at Queen's Club.
"Probably after losing the second set, mentally I lost my concentration," Nadal said. "The negative thing is I lost. The positive thing is I have few days off and can stop a little bit mentally. I can be a little bit more relaxed, because every day I play with pressure."
After an exchange of breaks to start the second, Tsonga broke again to lead 5-4 and served out the set.
In the third, Nadal missed a critical forehand volley at the net on game point and the fifth-seeded Frenchman went on to break for 1-0. An inspired Tsonga dominated the rest of the match.